Sunday, September 17, 2006

Typhoon Watch



September is the peak of typhoon season, and like most other things in Japan the first major typhoon has arrived bang on time. At the minute it is dry with hardly a breath of wind outside, the calm before the storm I guess, but by 9pm tonight it should be quite exciting. We currently have a weather warning for flooding and high winds, so it sounds like it could be quite a big one. One fringe benefit is that I might get tomorrow off work. Of course, I won't be able to go anywhere, but I get a lie in!

We will do a running commentary on the blog charting the progress of Typhoon 13.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you've remembered your Wellies! (And that you won't need them.)

Anonymous said...

I hope the typhoon passed / is passing without too much excitement... but that you still get a day off Martin. Bit of an Indian summer over here, nothing as exciting as a typhoon. A slight breeze really is all we've had here in Richmond...